Tales of true terror are happening in data centers far and near. Sinister outages and bone-chilling cyber security threats are enough to give any IT professional nightmares. Daily news reports highlight the latest victims in the ghastly data breech saga. The team at ITSecurenow gathered these haunting facts about cyber security. Read on…if you dare!
- The cost of an average data breach is $3.62 billion. (Source: IBM)
- The cost of cybercrime is expected to reach over $2 trillion by 2019. (Source: Juniper Research)
- Over 80% of cyber attacks are due to stolen or weak passwords. (Source: Panda Security)
- Over 60 percent of Americans are willing to pay a ransom for internet extortion. (Source: Symantec)
- Email is more dangerous than ever with 1 in 31 emails containing malware. (Source: Cicso)
- Over 75 percent of all legitimate websites have unpatched vulnerabilities. (Source: Symantec)
- Because there are so many attacks, as many as 44 percent go uninvestigated. (Source: Cisco)
- Corporate email accounts are 6 times more likely to be targeted by a phishing scam. (Source: Panda Security)
- 71 percent of attacks in healthcare and 58 percent of attacks in financial industries came from an inside source. (Source: IBM)
- Over 40 percent of attacks target small businesses. (Source: Small Business Trends)
- 69 percent of small businesses lack the budget and staff to keep up with threats and only 33 percent believes their organization can prevent an attack from occurring. (Source: Ponemon Institute)
- 2 billion personal records were stolen in 2016. (Source: CNBC)
- 52 percent of businesses state that their security officers lack an understanding of their business operations. (Source: ISACA)
The old adage “it will never happen to me” is dangerously untrue. However, the nightmare can end. The villains don’t have to win. The professionals at ITSecurenow offer our Breach Prevention Platform, a tool to help prevent your business from being the latest victim in the terrifying cyber security attacks. Contact us today so we can show you how we can help protect your business.